Haylie Pomroy’s Fast Metabolism Diet recipes continue to receive rave reviews from happy dieters many years after the first edition of the #1 New York Times bestseller was printed.
Satisfied readers claim that the diet plan has helped them shed the promised 20 pounds in 28 days, and sometimes more, while making them feel less tired, less bloated, and brimming with so much energy and mental clarity that they hadn’t experienced in years.
What is the Fast Metabolism Diet (In Short)?
Mrs. Pomroy’s diet relies on a strict rotation of certain foods at set times to trick the body into resetting the metabolism and get the thyroid working to burn excess fat like there’s no tomorrow.
And the best part about this diet is that you don’t have to starve yourself to death while at it and there’s little to no yo-yo effect going on as long as you are willing start the 28 days all over again after a few months.
The diet is comprised of three clearly delimited phases over one week (Phase 1: Monday and Tuesday, Phase 2: Wednesday and Thursday, Phase 3: Friday- Sunday), with each phase having its own particularities and foods that you should stick to like your life depends on it.
For this post, we have handpicked three fast metabolism diet recipes from Mrs. Pomroy’s best-selling book that have caught our attention and slightly reworded them but haven’t touched the ingredients list.
For a more detailed analysis of this wonder diet plan, check out our in-depth review of the Fast Metabolism Diet: ‘The Fast Metabolism Diet Reviewed: What Is It and How to Get on It’. Enjoy!
Fast Metabolism Diet Recipes – Phase 1
Phase 1 is all about eating smart carbs and protein while steering clear of all things fat, healthy fats included. The idea behind this phase is to ‘reassure’ the body that there’s no need for it to throw itself into starvation mode, which often happens when following a restrictive low-calorie diet, and to slow down the metabolism while at it.
All the tasty and nutritionally dense fruit and veggies your body will receive every three hours or so during Phase 1 is a clear message to this genius machine to unwind. Let’s see a sample recipe.
Pork Tenderloin with Pineapple and Broccoli
- 8 to 12 ounces of pork tenderloin, sliced
- 6 cups of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup pineapple
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ¼ tsp dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ sea salt
- Ground cinnamon to taste
- Pinch of stevia
- Combine the lemon juice with the cinnamon, stevia, dried herbs and salt in a bowl. Pour the marinade over the meat in a Ziplock bag. Let it rest for at least 30 minutes (overnight is best).
- Superficially pat dry the pork and grill it over a charcoal/ gas grill (high temperature needed to prevent drying out) around 5-6 minutes max while turning it 1 to 2 times.
- Grill the broccoli florets and the pineapple as well for 30 seconds until they char slightly.
- Serve the veggie and fruit with the tenderloin (kept warm)
Tip: If you don’t have access to a grill, broil the loin but heat the broiler pan first and add the broccoli and pineapple to the pan just before serving.
Fast Metabolism Diet Recipe – Phase 2
Phase 2 places a heavy emphasis on proteins and healthy veggies (no starchy vegetables allowed during this phase, so bid farewell to potatoes, rice, and squash). Now is the time to pair your diet with some serious muscle-building activity like weightlifting, for which you’ll need all the lean protein you can get.
Fats are off limits in this phase, too, but chicken and green veggies are the stars of the show as the low-carb high lean protein approach in Phase 2 will prompt the body to tap fat deposits and start burning some real weight.
Chicken and Veggie Soup
- 1 half chicken or various chicken parts, skinless
- 4 cups of healthy green vegs (fresh/ frozen): broccoli, asparagus, celery, mushrooms, kale, spinach, leeks, chives, and/or cabbage, chopped
- 3-5 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp rosemary (fresh/ dried)
- ¼ tsp basil (fresh/ dried)
- ¼ tsp oregano (fresh/ dried)
- 1/8 tsp thyme (fresh/ dried)
- ½ tbsp parsley or cilantro
- Add the chicken broth to a pot with 4 coups of water and the chicken. Toss in the veggies and herbs.
- Bring everything to a boil, then reduce to simmer, for 1 hour.
- Remove the pot from the stove and let it cool.
- Debone the chicken meat and add it to the soup while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
Fast Metabolism Diet Recipe – Phase 3
Phase 3 means three days of gorging on healthy fats after nearly a work week without them. But fret not. This doesn’t mean that the body will to restock those depleted fat deposits with fresh fat. Instead, thanks to the newly revved-up metabolism, your body will do with the fats what it was designed to: turn them into energy.
From now on, repeat each phase in the exact order every single week, and your metabolism will start working faster and faster while fat effortlessly melts away while the body packs on some lean muscle. Here’s a sample recipe from this phase.
- 2 sprouted-grain tortillas
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- Juice of ½ lime
- ½ tsp safflower mayonnaise
- Herbs, minced (oregano, basil, and rosemary)
- Grapeseed oil
- Sea salt
- Spread the grapeseed oil over the tortillas and sprinkle with the herb mix and sea salt.
- In the preheated oven (350 degrees F), bake the tortillas around 10 minutes or until crispy.
- Meanwhile, mix the lime juice with the mayonnaise and avocado.
- Spread everything on the crispy tortillas just before serving.
This recipe can be found in Mrs. Pomroy’s other best-selling book The BURN – Drop Up to 3 in 3, 5 in 5, or 10 in 10. It is a herbal tea that has detoxifying and anti-inflammatory properties with reportedly “profound effects” in many of Mrs. Pomroy’s clients’ lives.
In her other book, the celebrity nutritionist tackles a trifecta of factors that won’t let most people easily shed fat: inflammation, poor digestion, and hormonal imbalances.
We highly recommend reading that book as well and pair the sound advice there with the fast metabolism diet. You’ll get to see a much clearer picture of how the human body works while on a detox or weight loss diet.
Bonus Recipe: The I-Burn Tea
Makes 3 servings or 3 cups
- 3 and ¼ cups of water
- 3 organic lemons
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp of celery seed
- 3 tbsp of dried parsley
- Pure stevia (optional)
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the water and add the rind too.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and bring everything to a boil.
- Allow the brew steep for 1 to 2 hours (this step is critical)
- Filter out the solid ingredients and store the tea in the fridge. Reheat before serving.
- Buy only organic lemons for this recipe – You’ll be using the rind too, so no need to add the toxic chemicals on non-organic lemons to the mix; and no, you cannot wash the poison off.
- Use only dried parsley; it works best here.
- You can drink this tea freely during the first phase to help reduce body-wide inflammation from the get-go.
Featured image credit: JerzyGorecki / Pixabay