Carbquik is a great low-carb baking mix for those real-life situations when every carb counts. It is a wheat-based mix. It means it is not recommended for gluten-free diets, but, just like normal baking mixes, you can incorporate it in Carbquik recipes to yield tasty and filling results without the need to worry about the carbs.
For this reason, you will find plenty of Carbquik bread recipes or even Carbquik cake recipes to fill you up without making you feel guilty about your dietary plan.
What is Carbquik Exactly?
Carbquik is a wonderful alternative to Bisquick as the patented high-protein flour in Carbquik, Carbalose, contains up to 90% fewer carbs than Bisquick. Unlike most low-carb flours, the Carbquik bake mix contains gluten, so it doesn’t need as much water as said flours. Moreover, the final product is easier to control.
You can use Carbquik to create low-carb pizza dough, waffles, pancakes, and biscuits just like a regular bake mix can. Nevertheless, we recommend following the manufacturer’s instructions closely when trying new Carbquik recipes to introduce them to your daily low-carb meal plan.
How to Use Carbquik in Your Diet
Even though we do not recommend you use this bake mix on a daily basis, you may go for it occasionally to satisfy your cravings without sabotaging your diet. Carbquik is a convenient bakery ingredient to make low-carb snacks for kids and adults. It is also practical when you transition from a high-carb diet to a low-carb diet, such as the Keto Diet or the Carb Nite Solution protocol.
If done correctly, homemade Carbquik-based bakery goods won’t kick you out of ketosis. Moreover, they will help you keep your type-2 diabetes in check without going crazy, and will make a great companion during a very carb-restrictive (weight-loss) diet.
Carbquik, however, is not recommended for people with gluten intolerance (if you’re one of them, try low-carb flours instead), people who steer clear of soy (it contains soy fiber), and vegans (it contains eggs).
4 Best Carbquik Recipes That are Guilt-Free and Delicious
1. Carbquik Low-Carb Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
When it comes to Carbquik recipes, this one is among the easiest. You can, of course, check out other Carbquik recipes for snacks, but this cheesy appetizer will surely satisfy all needs.
- The recipe makes 8-10 biscuits
- It is baking powder-free
Ingredients for the Carbquik Low-Carb Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- 1 cup Carbquik
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Garlic powder, a pinch
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt (if butter is unsalted)
- Add the parsley and garlic powder to the Carbquik. Mix well. Slice the butter finely and incorporate it into the Carbquik mix.
- Combine the heavy cream with the water and add it to the mix. Stir well.
- Add the cheddar cheese and mix well. You don’t want clumps in the mix but don’t overdo it. Scoop the mix into 10-12 round biscuits and place them on a non-stick oven pan.
- Bake everything in the preheated oven (350 F) until the biscuits are golden brown. Enjoy hot!
2. Yummy Carbquik Pancake Recipe
If you were looking for some fast and easy Carbquik dessert recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth while dieting, you can start with this simple Carbquik pancake recipe and then move on to other best Carbquik recipes for sweets that are more complex.
Ingredients for the Yummy Carbquik Pancake Recipe
- 2 and ½ cups Carbquik
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 sucralose packets
- Mix all the ingredients together with a mixer add ½ cup of water or more until the batter matches the right consistency. Mix well to get rid of the clumps.
- Cook the low-carb pancakes like you would with regular pancakes. Enjoy!
3. Low-Carb Impossible Cheeseburger Pie
Many think that following a low-carb diet also means giving up on everything delicious. However, this cheeseburger pie is the living proof that you can still enjoy amazing flavors and fulfilling dishes even if you curb your carbs’ intake or follow a classic Keto Diet. When it comes to Carbquik recipes keto, you have plenty of choices to eat well, indulge your senses, and lose weight at the same time.
- This recipe yields 2 servings.
Ingredients for the Low-Carb Impossible Cheeseburger Pie
- 8 oz ground beef
- 1/4 cup Carbquik
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk or Calorie Countdown (if you need to keep those calories down)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp ketchup (sugar-free)
- 1 small roma tomato, diced
- 1 tsp mustard
- Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown the beef in a preheated non-stick pan (around 5 minutes), add the salt, onion, garlic and cook for 5 more minutes. Add the tomato and mix everything in.
- Add the spices, salt and pepper. Mix everything in and pour the ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce last. Cook for 7 minutes more.
- Layer a small oven-proof pie dish with the ground beef mix and top it with the grated cheese.
- Mix the milk, carbquik and egg well, and pour the mixture over the cheddar cheese.
- Bake everything for 30-35 minutes in the preheated oven (400 degree).
Check out the video above for step-by-step recipe instructions.
4. Carbquik Blueberry Muffins
Last but not least on our Carbquik recipes list you have the Carbquik Blueberry Muffins recipe, one of the easiest Carbquik cake recipes one can make.
- This recipes allows you to make 12 muffins
- You can consider this recipe one of the easiest and friendliest Carbquik recipes keto because it is sugar free.
Ingredients for the Carbquik Blueberry Muffins recipe
- 2 cups Carbquik
- 3/4 cups almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 2.5 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup powdered erythritol
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 8 drops stevia
- 3/4 cups blueberries
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- Mix the milk, eggs, oil, stevia, erythritol, vanilla, lemon extract, and zest in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the Carbquik with the baking powder.
- Pour the liquid mix over the Carbquik and stir well. Add the blueberries in.
- Add the batter to a non-stick/ greased muffin pan and put the pan in the preheated oven (350 F) for 30 to 35 minutes. Insert a toothpick into a muffin and if it comes out clean, the muffins are ready.
Carbquick Recipes: Cooking Tips
If you plan to prepare some Carbquik recipes, here are some cooking tips you should consider!
? Instead of using Carbquick, you can purchase just the low-carb flour in it, the Carbalose. However, prepare for some investment, as it is only available as 3-lb packs.
? Carbalose will yield slightly less fluffy baked goods than regular flour. As a rule of thumb, double the amount of yeast in a recipe and always add 1 tsp of baking powder even if the original recipe doesn’t contain it. Trial and error is the key to perfect low-carb bakery items here.
? You can substitute Carbquik for Bisquick in most Bisquick recipes, but it is best adding 1/8th tsp of Xantham Gum per oz of Carbquik for the best results.
? Many users have complained about Carbquik’s off-putting after-taste (a sour/bitter flavor). The best way to mask the nasty flavor is to add a few drops of sucrose to the batter or to use Carbalose and Carbquik only with recipes that contain other overpowering flavors.
Carbquik Recipes: FAQs
Before we wrap up this guide on some of the best Carbquik recipes for low-carb diets or Keto diets, let’s see some answers to the most frequently asked questions about Carbquik recipes and how to make them!
Is the Carbquik baking mix Keto-friendly?
Carbquik is quite the revolutionary bake mix that tastes like flour and works well with Keto diets and generally low-carb meal plans. It is possible that a Carbqik recipe (pizza, biscuits, muffins, pancakes, etc.) to kick you out of ketosis, but it will not kick you out of your fat-adaptation techniques.
Is Carbalose flour the same as Carbquik?
Carbalose flour is an ingredient of Carbquik. In comparison to Bisquik, for instance, Carbquik contains carbalose and not regular flour. For this reason, carbalose and Carbquik recipes count 80% fewer net carbs than Bisquik.
How many carbs are there in a Carbquik serving?
A cup of Carbquik has only 2 net carbs per serving or 9 grams of carbs per cup. It is an excellent choice for diabetics and even people following Keto diets, as Carbquik does not contain sugar or trans-fats. It is also low in sodium and calories, making it an excellent ingredient for cooking and baking when it comes to diabetes, low-sodium diets, and low-carb diets.
Carbquik is touted as a wonder-ingredient for people on (ridiculously) low-carb diets, but many dieters are reportedly gorging on the baked goods containing Carbquik since it reportedly packs just 2 carbs per oz, according to independent testing.
However, the baking mix also contains a mishmash of ingredients your great-grandma probably never heard of, like “enzyme enriched wheat,” dextrose, and sucralose. So, it isn’t quite an all-around healthy option. Use it sparingly and only when your cravings for sugar and carbs strike hard.
How do you feel about the Carbquick recipes we presented here? Have you tried any food-like recipe you’d like to share with your fellow low-carb diet followers? Drop us a line in the comments section below!